[vox] Fwd: Re: No reason not to switch

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Feb 9 10:40:50 PST 2009

Taum posted from a non-subscribed address. Fwd'ing to vox...

----- Forwarded message from vox-bounces at lists.lugod.org -----

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 09:41:45 -0500
From: taum <taum.hanlon at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [vox] No reason not to switch

I've been running Ubuntu 64 for a while now and I haven't had any
problems with multimedia apps.
I'm not a major mm user but my sound works.
I use Xten to make voip calls and Rythmbox to listen to music every
day... I use GIMP and VLC a fair amount and haven't had any real problems.

*shrug*
I'm not a graphics designer or anything though....

The biggest issues I've had are Adobe Flash and Java ... but those seem
to be largely resolved.

Taum

----- End forwarded message -----