[vox] How was Explorit?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Aug 18 10:49:33 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 05:42:12PM +0000, ericengelhard at comcast.net wrote:
> The Explorit room is pretty small. I didn't look for extra chairs,
> but I think that it would comfortably seat ~15.

Lou at Explorit said it should hold up to 30.  When I visited (to get the
key and learn about the alarm system), the room was being used by a
summerschool class full of children, so I didn't get the best look at it.

> A screen isn't absolutely necessary, but because of the mural on the
> all, it would make for a much cleaner projection.

I think it might also allow us to arrange the room long-ways, more like
how the Blanchard room at the Library was set up.  I'll talk to Greg and
see if he thinks we can afford something, and perhaps have him acquire one.
(I believe I mentioned before, screens look like they can be had for
less than $100 new.  Might find a better deal on Craigslist or Ebay or
even find someone who might be willing to donate one to our cause. :) )

> No photos, but we did have some new faces, including the two Ryan's
> (13 and 14) interested in game platforms.

Great!  I think I forgot to mention it in my slides, but the new
'GP2X Wiz' costs only ~$180.  I got my GP2X F100 (the original model),
_with_ carrying case and breakout board, for about ~$75 used.

Just in case those Ryans feel like saving their allowances and getting
their own. ;)