[vox] LUGOD Events Calendar - Add BerkeleyTIP?

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Thu Sep 18 23:59:44 PDT 2008

Hi Bill - Are you the person who puts the data into the calendar?

Readers of your great Upcoming Local Events calendar at
http://lugod.org/
(which I note currently includes an event in San Jose, which is quite
further from Davis than is Berkeley)
might like to be aware of the Berkeley TIP meetings, both the Berkeley &
the remote local community "Global" meetings.
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIP
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal

We've had 4 monthly meetings at the UCB campus in Berkeley so far, & I'm
planning, &
working, on having them monthly ongoing.

(We've had attendees from Sacramento at two meetings, one of whom saw
the announcement I'd posted to the LUGOD vox list for the first
meeting.)

The meetings are on the 1st Saturday of each month, & and are currently
planned to be from 10AM - 6PM.

Please let me know if you put this onto the calendar.

Best wishes.  :)

=====
Here are the next meeting dates (1st Saturday of each month):
Next Monthly Meetings: 1st Saturday every month:
October 4, November 1, December 6
2009
January 3, February 7, March 7

=====
Berkeley GNU(Linux)/ BSD & Free Software -
Talks, Installfest, Potluck & ProgrammingParty (TIP)

Berkeley-TIP is an informal group for people interested in learning
about, using & creating GNU & BSD type software.

There are 4 PARALLEL TRACKS of events:
1) TALKS        Talks by various speakers (stream video globally)
2) INSTALLFEST  Bring your computer & install BSD or GNU/Linux software.
3) POTLUCK      Bring $5 or food to share: eat, chat (optional)
4) PROGRAMMING PARTY     Write SW on your. or a group. project