[vox] [fwd] [PenLUG meeting in Redwood City, Thu Nov 13: Kino digital video editing

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Oct 30 23:29:53 PDT 2008

----- Forwarded message from Bill Ward -----

Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:36:18 -0700
From: "Bill Ward"
Subject: [PenLUG] Mark your calendars - November 13 (Kino digital video
	editing)

Remember that because of the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, we
shift to the 2nd Thursday for the next 2 months.  I have confirmed a
speaker for our next meeting on November 13:

Dan Dennedy, Kino - Non-linear DV video editor

Dan Dennedy, the lead developer, will talk about the history of Kino
and give a tour of its features. He will demonstrate capturing,
importing, editing, exporting, and publishing to a web service. He
will also talk a little about his newer projects to resume where Kino
leaves off.

Dan Dennedy, lead developer, Kino

Dan Dennedy has been an open source and Linux developer for around 7
years. He has worked on IEEE 1394 (FireWire) in the Linux kernel and
various 1394- and DV-related libraries and applications. He moved to
the San Francisco Bay Area around 3 years ago with his wife and 3
kids. He works full time for MobiTV for the past 4 years as lead
software engineer in the areas of digital media and streaming
technology.

Personally I'm looking forward to this meeting, as I've been getting
more interested in video editing lately, but have been somewhat
shamefully using my wife's Mac to do it.  Hopefully Kino will meet my
needs, so I can do it on Linux instead.

We still need someone for our meeting on December 11, so if you have
any ideas let me or Andrew Fife know about it!

----- End forwarded message -----