[vox] Fwd: Re: Laptop recommendation

Jim Lowman jmlowman at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 26 15:21:28 PDT 2008

Looks pretty compelling, both for a laptop and a desktop.

For about $1,700 I could get a Quad-Core and 4 GB of RAM (2x2GB, to
allow for expansion)
and a 750 GB HD.

Added bonus:  free shipping and no sales tax in CA.

Stupid question:  will Linux taken advantage of that Quad-Core CPU and
4-8 GB of RAM?

Jim