[vox] Laptop recommendation

Seth Nagao dokuja at gmail.com
Sun May 25 10:32:00 PDT 2008

I'm currently running Linux (Kubuntu) native on a Macbook.

It runs fine - the only thing I can think of as a problem is right-clicking using the built in trackpad, but that can be mitigated.

Wireless has been working via ndiswrapper, but Google indicates madwifi-ng also works.

Admittedly, macs are a bit pricier, but might be worth the extra cost if you're interested in developing for OSX.

Alternatively, I think the T-pad T20s work great with linux ;)

Work won't let me experiment with a newer Thinkpad in my posession, but I think they generally have decent linux support.