[vox] Laptop recommendation

Jeffrey J. Nonken jjn.lugod at nonken.net
Sun May 25 09:51:42 PDT 2008

Consider a Mac. Compare prices vs. features before you decide. And you can get a refurb.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?sf=wHF2F2PHCCCX72KDY&mco=MTE3NjY&nclm=CertifiedMac

I've never tried running Linux native, but I've run Linux and BSD (and Windows) under Parallels.

Ohhh, except I did boot Knoppix 5.0 several times while trying to fsck repair some *nix drives last time we lost power.

You'll get WiFi, Bluetooth, USB 2.0, IEEE 1394 (Firewire), gigabit ethernet, built-in webcam, microphone, IR remote, dual-core Intel processor, oh go look at the bloody website and see for yourself. :)