[vox] [LUGOD] Library

Shwaine shwaine at shwaine.com
Thu Mar 27 18:06:21 PDT 2008

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Nick Schmalenberger wrote:

> I talked to the Davis Public Library about it briefly and they said they
> pretty much already have too many books and if we don't want them why
> should they? That they might be able to take a few books at first, but
> not a lot. On the other hand, they already have Cobol For Dummies (I
> checked it out once) and maybe a Wordperfect book, so some of our books
> aren't necessarily more obsolete than some of theirs. So we should sort
> it all out and, I think we should do it at a meeting, giving us the
> opportunity to pick books for ourselves and hopefully we can get one of
> the librarians to come too (we are at the Library after all). They do
> have some nice Linux books too, some donated through us.

I am a prof at CSU Bakersfield and we just got a new building with an
entirely empty Computer Science library (they budgeted for bookshelves,
but not books). If you guys are still interested in donating to a library,
we would love to have the books. I talked to my department chair and he is
willing to pay book-rate (media-mail?) shipping to get the books down here
if you guys are willing to pack them up and donate them. Contact me
off-list at either this email or my campus email, melissa at cs.csubak.edu,
if this might be something you guys are willing to do.

Thanks,
Melissa (the other one)