[vox] Connecting to a 'headless' Windows box (Was re: OLPC XO ("$100 laptop") available to public)

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Sep 27 14:15:52 PDT 2007

Norm Matloff wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 02:42:26PM -0700, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
>
>> BTW: I regularly use Krdc (Remote Desktop) through a virtual private
>> network connection.
>
> But at least from what I understand from their home page, it wouldn't
> solve the VNC problem I described, right?

You trimmed my response to this... the limitation is in the OS, not the
remote access software.  If you are a gung-ho Windows user (and why
would you be here if that were the case?) you can apparently bypass the
roadblocks Microsoft has setup. [1]  Otherwise, buy a Server version of
Windows.

[1] http://blandname.com/2006/09/19/running-terminal-services-on-windows-xp/

                                       Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing