[vox] Connecting to a 'headless' Windows box (Was re: OLPC XO ("$100 laptop") available to public)

Harold Lee harold at hotelling.net
Tue Sep 25 11:02:00 PDT 2007

I've had the same experience with VNC on Windows. I've seen some
companies use Citrix or Microsoft Terminal Server to run a multi-user
Windows box and then run VNC on several logged in users (started via
Microsoft's Remote Desktop application). Once started, the VNC-
enabled sessions are available to other platforms.

Another solution could be to run Windows under some virtualization
software like QEMU or VMware on a Linux box and then use VNC to get
to those sessions.

- Harold