[vox] Extremely low meeting attendance!

Gandalf Parker gandalf at any1can.net
Thu Mar 29 17:16:39 PDT 2007

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 06:24:08PM -0700, Gandalf Parker wrote:
>> Its hard to find things for a user group that cant be gotten easier
>> online. Specific walk-thru help comes to mind.
>
> Sometimes it's interesting to see what ELSE people can do in a kitchen,
> or with their Linux box.  It's kind of like living vicariously.  I don't
> have the need or time to play with virtualization, embedded systems,
> 3D modelling, etc.  It's nice to watch an expert do it, and talk about it,
> though.

Hmmmm....
well my #1 thing on linux is quite abit off from the "programmers" and
"professionals" territory. Its a strategy game called Dominions. But to
show it purely as a game Id have to use a windows or mac since I tend to
use the linux version to have fun with scripting the command-line switches
to host games and interface with webpages.

I can give a few quick sloppy examples if no one will laugh.
http://www.dom3minions.com/lab/MakeGame.htm
http://www.dom3minions.com/games/PvK-e-Oceania/
and a project from the previous version which I plan to upgrade soon which
makes extensive use it ImageMagick
http://www.dom2minions.com/~dominion/Dominions2/RandomMaps/RandomMaps.html

A 50 year old addicted to games might not be interesting to the workaholic
crowd but expanding into other linux uses would have to recognize that its
a popular topic which might get the interest of new members. Id also be
interested in hearing other peoples addictions in the area of games.

I also run a MUD.

Speaking of ImageMagick, that would also be a good topic. I have a
do-from-home business concept which I feel would be fun for any creative
entrepreneur that can grasp the programming intricacies of IM.

Gandalf  Parker