[vox] [Semi-OT] Photographers and artists needed for Open Source project (Tux Paint)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Mar 4 15:50:47 PST 2007

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 11:35:42AM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Jacob posted this from a non-subscribed addr.
<snip>

> What kind of photographs are you looking for? I release (currently
> around ~14,000) photos on flickr under the creative commons. I think I
> have a fairly wide selection but if there is something specific, I'm
> happy to create what you might need. Bonus points if you need something
> photographed in Vienna, Austria where I happen to be living at the moment.
<snip>

I finally found time to reply to this.  Thanks for the offer, Jacob.
Any kind of artwork that can be used as stamp objects within Tux Paint, and
which would be relevant to young kids, either for fun, or in a school
environment, would be welcome.

You can peruse the current set of stamps here:

  http://tuxpaint.cvs.sourceforge.net/tuxpaint/tuxpaint-stamps/stamps/

And as you can see, the photographic stamps are stored as PNG images with
alpha transparency, and the backgrounds have been removed.  This lets you
do fun stuff like this insanity I just looked at today :)

  http://demonsaumonde.free.fr/quelle.menagerie/index.html

Thanks again!

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/