[vox] linux recommendation

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Sun Mar 4 08:13:22 PST 2007

> Using sudo has been perfectly suitable for me.
>
> In fact, since I'm always _me_ (my normal user), I don't ever have to
> worry about "~" pointing at the place I expect it.  Once I've entered my
> password once in a session, I don't have to type it again, so if I need
> to go back and adjust or reissue a command, it happens right away.
>
> e.g.:
>
>   $ sudo aptitude update
>   Password: ...
>   $ sudo aptitude upgrade
>   ...  <-- no password prompt this time

What happens when you need to bring the machine up in single user mode because
a hard drive is causing problems?

I'm failing to see how not having a root user is an advantage.

Ruben

You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been attacted at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt.  I guess you missed that one."