[vox] DSL Recommendation?

Christopher James McKenzie mckenzie at cs.ucdavis.edu
Tue Jun 19 09:55:29 PDT 2007

Multiple static IP addresses under AT&T will require a special magic
modem from them.  I recommend against it - highly.  Use virtual hosts,
port forwarding, whatever you can. AT&T will break, as if planned all
along, any bell or whistle they try to sell you

About the business practices - yes yes yes - it's true - AT&T and
Verizon are the Coca-Cola and Bechtel of the telcom world - but as was
posted on slashdot yesterday, $10 dsl?  Too tempting for me.