[vox] DSL Recommendation?

Gandalf Parker gandalf at any1can.net
Mon Jun 18 20:17:21 PDT 2007

> As for having an old PacBell/SBC/AT&T static IP plan, if it is still in their
> system, AT&T can move the service to the new location. So they told me over
> and over again when I moved a couple months ago, but I went with Bright House
> cable instead. Bright House rarely (if ever according to a few long-term
> customers) renew the DHCP lease with a different IP address, so it's almost
> like having static IP with that tad bit of uncertainity. I don't believe they
> do business in Sacramento though.

I cannot seem to consider Cable internet. I have had my PacBell DSL line
go out, and I have had my cable go out. I have had my cable go out more
often. But thats not the big thing. I cant bring myself to put all my eggs
in one basket. When my cable is out, I WANT my internet. And when my
internet goes out, then I WANT my cable. I would go nuts if both were out
at the same time.
Just IMHO

Gandalf  Parker