[vox] AMD and Linux

Bill Wells hammer29 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 15 11:19:10 PDT 2007

I don't know if this is appropriate or not. . . filter it out or react to it.

Bill Wells

Subject: [users] AMD deciding _now_ what to do about Linux
Date: Thursday 14 June 2007 15:39
From: "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com>

I wrote to AMD regarding the state of ATI Linux drivers and the
company's view of the Linux community. This is the response I got:

"Thanks - could you contact us again in July?  We're reviewing our Linux
strategy right now, so anything I tell you know could be out of date in
weeks."

You can read the whole message here:
http://dotancohen.com/eng/linux_compatibility.php
Feel free to Digg or /. it.

Friends, NOW is the time to contact AMD and to let them know that we
need their support. Please, write to them, call them, now is the time.
Even for those who don't use AMD products, the precedent set here will
most certainly echo throughout the hardware world. Take the 5 minutes
and convince AMD that the Linux community cannot be ignored.

Note: I have posted this letter to several mailing lists. Those who
know me from those lists will know that I don't, as a rule, crosspost.
However, I felt this to be important enough to cross the line and
crosspost to the lists I felt would be interested.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at openoffice.org