[vox] Streaming flash videos yourself (no YouTube or Google Video needed)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Feb 12 14:50:35 PST 2007

So I've been putting up videos of our new baby on my website
(on a colocated host with tons of free disk that allows gobs of bandwidth),
but haven't liked that I'm merely throwing up "<a href>" links to the AVI
files I pull off of my digital camera.

These days, websites often have videos embedded as Flash objects from
sites like YouTube (mostly) and Google Video (far less often).  I'd rather
not have to upload my videos to one of these services, and embed their junk
on my site, when I've got the space to do it.

After two short Google searches, I found this article:

  "Video and Audio Streaming with Flash and Open Source Tools"
  http://klaus.geekserver.net/flash/streaming.html

Sounds perfect!  Hopefully I'll have some time to look into it and get it
going on my baby photos/video pages. :)

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/