[vox] [fwd] December SacLUG meeting: libgnet, libgda

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Dec 12 19:22:10 PST 2007

SacLUG meets this Thursday (Dec. 13th)
For more, see: http://www.saclug.org/

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Brian Lavender <brian at brie.com> -----

Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:42:41 -0800
From: Brian Lavender <brian at brie.com>
Subject: Re: [Lug-nuts] December Meeting

Gary,

Thanks for organizing the meeting. I look forward to seeing everyone
there.

We'll be talking about libgnet and libgda or one or the other. It
primarily depends upon how much time I actually prepare.

==== libgnet ====
GNet is an object-oriented library based on glib that provides an
interface for network operations.

GNet is a simple network library. It is written in C, object-oriented,
and built upon glib. It is intended to be small, fast, easy-to-use, and
easy to port. The interface is similar to the interface for Java's
network library.

http://www.gnetlibrary.org/

==== libgda ====
The GNOME-DB project aims to provide a free unified data access
architecture to the GNOME project. GNOME-DB is useful for any
application that accesses persistent data (not only databases, but
data), since it now contains a pretty good data management API.

http://www.gnome-db.org/

At least that is the intention.

brian

----- End forwarded message -----