[vox] [Fwd; Semi-OT] Support for Valley Oak Charter

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Dec 4 19:10:40 PST 2007

The Valley Oak Charter is looking for a show of support at this
Thursday's Board of Education meeting...

(For more, see my post to vox-outreach from yesterday:
http://lists.lugod.org/pipermail/vox-outreach/2007-December/001507.html )

Thanks,

----- Forwarded message from Colleen Connolly -----

We're looking for a show of support at Thursday
evening's brd. of ed. mtg.  The charter is on the
agenda with four possible outcomes:
a vote yes
a vote no
a vote to postpone voting
a vote to vote yes with contingenies for working out
differences with charter founders group.

The founding group has gone over the district's
resolutions and objections and found very little
substance to them.  Most are completely bogus.  Since
April, the group has met with the district many times,
specifically with B. Colby, Superintensent Whitmore,
Superintendent Hammond, and Deputy Superintendent of
Education Ginni Davis.  These objections come out of
the blue, have no basis in charter law, and are easily
refuted.
A show of support for the charter at the meeting is
critical.
Can I count on your support one more time?
Your neighbor,
Colleen

----- End forwarded message -----

bill at newbreedsoftware.com