[vox] mythtv anyone?

Harold Lee harold at hotelling.net
Mon Apr 16 22:16:13 PDT 2007

Micah Cowan wrote:
> I'd be particularly interested to know what people have used for
> casing. Also, what IR equipment/remotes people have had experience with.

The tuner cards came with remotes and a little IR receiver to stick to
the front of the machine. I used those with the LIRC software and all
was well. They seem to support button codes from pretty much any remote
out there (or you can make your own config file if you want to move
buttons around) - so you just need some way to get the IR signal digitized.

> BTW, what was the second tuner for: picture-in-picture? Or is there
> another use?

PIP worked, but it was really for when two shows you want to watch are
on at the same time - that way you can record both. I read an article
about a guy in Canada who set up a MythTV backend cluster to record 30
different channels at once, IIRC.