[vox] Re: Mp3 Music For Linux?

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Tue Dec 26 21:16:41 PST 2006

> > cdparanoia works great but for a complete command line solution try
> > abcde (a better cd encoder). It integrates cdparanoia, various table of
> > contents (audio cd toc) databases like cddb, and various encoders like
> > lame to make you a labeled directory of music files. It also gives you a
> > choice of labels and lets you edit when there are multiple toc matches
> > (being submitted by whatever users looked up cds that weren't already in
> > the database or didn't like the entry that was there). I think most
> > programs just pick the first one because I've never seen others give a
> > choice.

Has anyone actually looked at the CDparania code?  It has some sloppy C memory
management coding in it

Ruben

--
http://www.mrbrklyn.com

proportions in the mind of the world  - RI Safir 1998

http://fairuse.nylxs.com

"The tremendous problem we face is that we are becoming
sharecroppers to our own cultural heritage -- we need
the ability to participate in our own society."

"> I'm an engineer. I choose the best tool for the job, politics be damned.

You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been attacted at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt.

I guess you missed that one."