[vox] [fwd] 1,000 Used Computers Needed for Hurricane Relief; Other Tech Relief Projects

DrBen Timmons drben54 at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 30 11:10:36 PDT 2005

Dear Lugod folks:

I've spoken to UCD's Material Management top people and they are
interested in donating equipment if LUGOD could help load the systems.
We estimate that we could do 50 systems complete maybe more without
monitors.  Loading a good LINUX package dumbed down to resemble Windows
eliminates nasty licensing issues.

Please let me know if anyone from LUGOD is interested in working on the
"Mother of all Install-Fests"?

If we get interest, We can place another call to Baton Rouge and see
exact needs.

Thanks,

BEN TIMMONS
CRS 2