[vox] Burning .iso images under Windows

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 30 14:14:01 PST 2005

on Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 09:00:59AM -0800, Ken Bloom (kabloom at ucdavis.edu) wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 08:12:54PM -0800, Marc Elliot Hall wrote:
> > Having already paid the Windows tax for this device, I'm not interested
> > in spending more on disk-burning software. Does anyone have suggestions
> > for freely-available programs capable of burning .iso images to CD under
> > Windows?
>
> cdrecord has been ported to windows.
> http://gnuwin.epfl.ch/apps/cdrecord/en/index.html

Beat me to it ;-)

Bootable distros can be loaded to RAM, sufficient memory available.
That's ~800+ MiB for Knoppix, but the LNX-BBC should run in ~128 MiB or
so.  I believe LNX-BBC includes CD burning tools.

Too:  don't do the full ISO set.  Get the netinst and start with it (50
- 110 MiB).

    http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/i386/rc3/sarge-i386-netinst.iso

Read the install manual, at least the quick-install appendex

    http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apa.html
    http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/

Peace.

    We mustn't underestimate American blundering. I was with them when
    they "blundered" into Berlin in 1918.
    - Casablanca