[vox] Handhelds.

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Mar 28 15:45:50 PST 2005

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 03:37:12PM -0800, Don Werve wrote:
> Also, does the environment on the Zaurus allow for Japanese input?  I've
> seen third-party packages that do, but I can't imagine that XIM/Kinput2
> doesn't work...

The Japanese model Zauruses do Japanese out of the box.  Of course,
I don't know precisely what that means, or how it compares to what you'd
want.  I just know that when you buy models such as the SL-C700 in the US,
you can get them from places which alter the 'ROM' so that /most/ of the
menus and interface is in English, instead of Japanese.  (They also appear
to have some Japanese symbols on the keyboards.)

http://www.zaurususergroup.com/ might have details.  Good luck!

(And once you get your shiny new Z, be sure to check out the shiny new
software index:  http://www.elsix.org/ )

> [1] The most expensive time of the year; tickets will cost me twice as
> much as if I could fly earlier or later.  Grrr...

Ouch.  Have fun, though!