[vox] Handhelds.

Don Werve donw at agentsix.net
Mon Mar 28 15:37:12 PST 2005

Talk about a topic that's been beaten to death.  I'm going to be heading
to Japan in July[1], and I've been thinking about buying a Linux-based
pocket PC to bring along with me.  I'd prefer to buy used, as, well, I'm
cheap, so the the Zaurus line is what I've had in mind, but I was
wondering if LUGOD has any recommendations?

Also, does the environment on the Zaurus allow for Japanese input?  I've
seen third-party packages that do, but I can't imagine that XIM/Kinput2
doesn't work...

[1] The most expensive time of the year; tickets will cost me twice as
much as if I could fly earlier or later.  Grrr...

--
Don Werve (Unix Sys Admin) | Email: donw AT agentsix DOT net

"Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it.  Action
has magic, grace and power in it." -- Goethe