[vox] One more reason to prefer Linux...

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Mar 3 15:31:40 PST 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 01:58:39PM -0800, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> I have had crashes in the past related to video drivers hanging. Complete,
> utter brain freeze, including networking. X depends on kernel code to
> handle the video subsytem. This recurred until I upgraded the kernel.

I have a shuttle that I'm not using right now because the built-in video
and/or driver is buggy.  The machine would lock hard.  I've also had problems
with my Voodoo in the past, but it's pretty robust these days...

-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com         "I'm anticipating an all-out tactical
http://newbreedsoftware.com/      dog-fight, followed by a light dinner."