[vox] [fwd] First Meeting of the SVLUG Hacking Society! [Wed Jun 15th, San Jose]

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Jun 8 10:40:42 PDT 2005

----- Forwarded message from "J. Paul Reed" <preed at svlug.org> -----

Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 00:43:19 -0700
From: "J. Paul Reed" <preed at svlug.org>
Subject: [svlug-announce] First Meeting of the SVLUG Hacking Society!
To: svlug-announce at lists.svlug.org

All:

I'd like to invite everyone to a new event SVLUG will be holding monthly:
the SVLUG Hacking Society!

The SVLUG HackSoc (as they're called) meant to provide a predictable space
for people to get together in a more informal environment and work on
whatever is interesting to them. It's also meant to provide a "hacking
friendly" environment, complete with food, connectivity, and--most
importantly--OTHER HACKERS who are WORKING ON CODE.

Meetings will be held opposite the normal meetings, on the 3RD WEDNESDAYS
OF THE MONTH.

That means the first meeting is next Wednesday, June 15th!

We'll be meeting from 7 to 10 pm at

Roundtable Pizza
3730 North First Street, just north of Tasman Drive
San Jose

To join us, bring yourself and something to hack on (NOT limited to
computer projects; if you're hacking on some math problems, a poem or
novel, an article, WHATEVER, feel free to join us). This location has
(stable, we're told) wireless connectivity.

More information on our purpose, directions, and what to expect at:

http://www.svlug.org/events/hacksoc.shtml

Feel free to forward any questions you may have to me or officers at svlug.org.

Hope to see you there!

/sbin/halt,