[vox] Local Linux-oriented PC recycling efforts?

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 18:06:57 PDT 2005

On 7/20/05, Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.

Well, I feel the same way about how people use the word "nauseous,"
when they should use the word "nauseated."   The difficulty for me is
that almost all of my business email contact takes place with
top-posting, so it is sometimes hard for me to remember to bottom-post
when replying to a list...

> How tiead are CompuMentor to MSFT?  My read is that they get an
> appreciable amount of funding through them and are engaged in 'license
> purification' (ensuring valid MSFT licensed SW on refurbed systems) as a
> principle activity.  This has always made me keep a wary eye on them.

Well, that is true.  And it has probably made them less supportive of
Linux than they might have been.

> That said, IBM did a nationwide non-profits & free software spiel a few
> months ago in partnership with them, though very, very last minute
> poorly publicized IMO.

If that was PenguinDays, I went to the one in Oakland.  I found it OK,
but nothing great and not, imho, worth the day I took to go to it.

Steve

--
Steve Hargadon
916-899-1400 direct