[vox] Help disassembling a laptop?

Charles McLaughlin cmclaughlin at ucdavis.edu
Sun Jul 17 23:29:57 PDT 2005

As previously mentioned, all the good are underneath the keyboard.
However, I've really never seen much dust build up on the inside of a
laptop.

I actually have a Sony Vaio connected to my TV.  It lives in a media
cabinet filled with other hot gear.  It gets pretty hot to the touch but
it hasn't crashed on my yet.  I leave the lid open up to let heat escape
and I've inserted a pen cap where the lid latches to make sure the LCD
monitor is off.  I also took the back side of my media cabinet off to
let heat escape.

I'd recommend using lmsensors and hddtemp to monitor the CPU and hard
drive temperature.  Maybe you could run a command keep the fan on when
it gets hot.

Charles