[vox] [fwd] IP indemnification [MS FUD in the mail]

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Sat Jul 9 20:59:48 PDT 2005

Two suggestions:

(1) Tell the client to ask Microsoft how many users of open source
software have actually been successfully sued for such infringement.
and to demand specific examples to back up the response.

(2) While they are waiting for a reply, suggest that they consider
the following very real example which demonstrates that using
proprietary Microsoft products incurs its own legal risks:

http://news.com.com/2008-1082_3-5065859.html?tag=lh

-- Rod