[vox] CD drive gotchas?

Dmitriy ace22b at myrealbox.com
Wed Jan 5 16:09:06 PST 2005

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 15:16, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
[snip]

> Also, are there particular brands that I should look at or avoid?

I would advise against sony. They stopped making their own drives a while ago.
Nec/Pioneer/Plextor are probably best bets.

Be careful with new 16X Plextor Burners, first batch or 2 had significant high
speed DVD burning issues, but they are good with RMAs if thats the case (or
so Ive heard).

> I have already learned my lesson about shopping at CompUSA for components.

Just shop online. You can find some damn good deals for NEC/Pioneer drives.

--
Dmitriy