[vox] Speaker needed for March 1st meeting

Ken Bloom kabloom at ucdavis.edu
Fri Feb 25 00:40:09 PST 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:26:54 -0800
"Karsten M. Self" <kmself at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> on Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 01:48:28PM -0800, Michael J Wenk
> (wenk at praxis.homedns.org) wrote:

> > > Sure. I'll move up and take March 1st. for version control.
> > > Please add to the summary of my talk that my talk will also
> > > include my motivation and techniques for keeping my whole home
> > > directory in Subversion. (In addition to discussing and
> > > demonstrating the basics).
> >
> > You version control your whole home directory ?
> >
> > I'm curious to know the reasons, so its unfortunately I will miss
> > tuesday's meet.
>
> Not to steal Michael's thunder but:

[reordered to suit my purposes]

>     CVS homedir | GNU/Linux Journal
>     Joey Hess
>     http://linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=5976

Where do you think I got the idea?

>     ONLamp.com: Keeping Your Life in Subversion
>     Joey Hess
>     http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/01/06/svn_homedir.html

This came out 2 days after I agreed to do the talk (I didn't find it
until much later, but that's beside the point). I still have some tips
that he doesn't have.

One of my teachers, Earl Barr, mentioned that he keeps all his documents
in Subversion and he's been doing it since before the article on
onlamp.com came out, too. This might become popular.

--Ken Bloom