[vox] Speaker needed for March 1st meeting

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Fri Feb 25 00:26:54 PST 2005

on Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 01:48:28PM -0800, Michael J Wenk (wenk at praxis.homedns.org) wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 10:57:36AM -0800, Ken Bloom wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 10:31:10AM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > >
> > > Michael had to reschedule his Gentoo talk to April, so we're in need of
> > > a speaker for our next meeting, Tues. March 1st.
> > >
> > > Would anyone like to present?
> > >
> > > -bill!
> > > pr at lugod.org
> >
> > Sure. I'll move up and take March 1st. for version control.
> > Please add to the summary of my talk that my talk will also include my
> > motivation and techniques for keeping my whole home directory in
> > Subversion. (In addition to discussing and demonstrating the basics).
>
> You version control your whole home directory ?
>
> I'm curious to know the reasons, so its unfortunately I will miss
> tuesday's meet.

Not to steal Michael's thunder but:

    ONLamp.com: Keeping Your Life in Subversion
    Joey Hess
    http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/01/06/svn_homedir.html

    CVS homedir | GNU/Linux Journal
    Joey Hess
    http://linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=5976

Techniques and reasons, well-presented.

Peace.

    It is kinda awkward to have this "vote stuffing" feature.
    - Diebold Electronic Voting Machine memos.
      http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0309/S00106.htm