[vox] talk on embedded systems?

Josh Parsons jbparsons at ucdavis.edu
Thu Apr 7 10:28:23 PDT 2005

Hi, everybody,

I've been thinking about giving a lugod talk about linux on the Linksys
NSLU2 embedded server.  Before offering to, though, I thought I'd find
out what sort of interest there would be in this topic. I could go a bit
broader and talk about "linux on consumer-oriented embedded systems", if
that would get more interest, though I would bring an nslu2 to the
meeting.

For those who don't know, the nslu2 is an arm-based linux server about
the size of a pack of cards. It's available cheaply from consumer
electronics stores. The built-in firmware includes linux 2.4 and samba,
but there is a community-based free firmware that turns the nslu2 into a
full-featured gnu/linux system.

--
Josh Parsons
Philosophy Department