[vox] [OT] Length of time to infect a Windows computer?

Robert G. Scofield rscofield at afes.com
Sun Sep 26 10:50:06 PDT 2004

Carl McCabe wrote:

>Of course it would be even cooler if ResNet would get a bunch of
>Linux/*BSD cds and help everybody install those, but that's another
>story...

The U.C. Santa Cruz web sites I've seen mention that there are people
there using Linux.  There's also the Slug Lug at U.C.S.C.  If I remember
correctly, the Res Net people might even refer people to Slug Lug for
help.  I've been bugging my son to contact Slug Lug, but he doesn't seem
that interested.  I told him that he sould at least see if they have a
demo day like LUGOD.  I told him it was a great opportunity for him to
start using Linux because if he had any problems they could be solved by
the Slug Lug people.  But given the nature of parent child
relationships, I now see that I've made a mistake.  What I should have
been doing is bugging him to get more involved in Windows.  That would
have given him the chance to rebel by joining Slug Lug.

Bob