[vox] OT: grass fires

Rob Rogers rob at wizardstower.net
Sat Sep 4 21:34:42 PDT 2004

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 09:13:14PM -0700, Ken Bloom wrote:
> Thanks for the information.
>
> By the way, my current backup strategy is geared for the loss of a
> hard disk, God forbid, or for the loss of the computer. But I don't do
> distributed backups, so it's not really geared for the loss of an
> apartment (God forbid). How do you all do distributed backps of your
> home machines? Where do you put extra CDs of the backups?

I've got a nice fireproof safe that I try (try being the key word) to
put my backups into. It's just a small document safe, just barely larger
than an 8.5x11 paper and maybe 4 inches deep. Add on an inch or two on
each side for insulation, and it's really not all that big. They only
cost around $30-40 IIRC.