[vox] OT: grass fires

Shwaine shwaine at shwaine.com
Fri Sep 3 19:07:00 PDT 2004

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Ken Bloom wrote:

> I'm home in Sunnyvale, and it was quite an adventure, finally arriving
> 2 hours late because of the grass fire in Vacaville.
>
> When I left Davis, there was a grass fire on 113 near Russell, a hop
> skip and a jump from my apartment. Anybody know how bad it got, and
> whether they've got it out? (It didn't reach my apartment, thank god
> -- if it had then I wouldn't be writing this over SSH on the computer
> in my apartment)

According to the news it was contained, but some buildings were damaged.
News10 makes it sound like the complexes were okay, but a private home got
badly damaged. I was actually avoiding the area because my asthma is bad
enough from this dust, didn't need smoke on top of it. Links:

http://www.thekcrachannel.com/news/3705642/detail.html
http://www.news10.net/storyfull1.asp?id=7981