[vox] Let's Kill the 76 Char Line Limit!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Sep 3 16:12:29 PDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 02:33:01PM -0700, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> Any mail sender I'm aware of (including Outlook) can easily adapt the
> line size automatically, without any manual intervention on your
> part. If you read the FAQ, I believe you will find instructions on how
> to set this up.

Ah, yes - I guess we have this covered in Pete's LUGOD FAQ, sorry!
I should link to it from the Mailing Lists page, where the rules are
covered.

FYI, the FAQ links to the following site:

  Configuring Mail Clients to Send Plain ASCII Text
  http://expita.com/nomime.html

> I'm extremely doubtful you will find much support for your proposal on
> this list (including myself), but best of luck.

As with most issues of interoperability on the Internet, this will likely
work itself out as time progresses.  Of course, time can progress VERY slowly
on the Internet sometimes. ;^)