[vox] Adobe Hiring for Linux Desktop Work

Robert G. Scofield rscofield at afes.com
Thu Oct 14 12:13:53 PDT 2004

Edward Elliott wrote:

>I was encouraged to see this posting by Adobe. When major commercial vendors start to move into this space, then you know the momentum is really increasing.

I  was once told by a friend and Linux user that an Adobe salesman told
him that Microsoft had pressured Adobe into dropping its plans for
releasing Adobe Photoshop for Linux.  This person was a big Photoshop
fan, and so gave up Linux and became a Solaris user.  I believe that
there is a version of Adobe Photoshop for Solaris.  My son is also a big
Adobe Photoshop user and I believe he would probably be using Linux if
there were a version of Photoshop for Linux.

I don't know if what my friend said is true.  But in any event Edward's
post does appear to be good news.

Bob