[vox] Adobe Hiring for Linux Desktop Work

Edward Elliott ed_elliott at email.com
Thu Oct 14 11:51:36 PDT 2004

I was encouraged to see this posting by Adobe. When major commercial vendors start to move into this space, then you know the momentum is really increasing.
Subject: Linux Desktop Architect - Adobe Systems Incorporated (San Jose, CA)

Please direct your responses to: hecollin at adobe.com

Position Summary:

Come and join the Platform Strategy Group! We are looking for a
senior computer scientist / architect to help guide our Linux
Desktop work. You will work with internal development teams and
partners to identify, scope, and implement technical projects which
will help improve Linux as a desktop environment. You will become
maintainer and/or architect for one or more Adobe-sponsored Open
Source projects. We need your participation in representing Adobe
to the Open Source community and standards organizations. And, you
will be an internal resource on Open Source development model and
community practices.

Knowledge & Skills:

Requires BSCS or equivalent, and at least 7 years of industry
experience. Requires  Open Source maintenance experience. Also,
must have experience with major open source desktop frameworks and
applications (e.g., GTK+, GNOME, MOzilla, OpenOffice.org,
Evolution, KDE). Experience with user interface, graphics, video,
web services, XML processing, collaboration are all valuable.

Must have very strong development and technology skills. Solid
understanding of C, C++ and Linux development required. Experience
with Java is a plus. Must have strong public speaking, demo and
technical writing skills. Requires the ability to work with little
supervision and with a very small team. Must be a self-starter.

Interested candidates please forward your resume to Heidi.Collins at adobe.com