[vox] WEF success!

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 9 May 2004 21:57:42 -0700

LUGOD's booth at the Whole Earth Festival was a success!  We spoke with many
people, handed out plenty of Knoppix and GNUWin II discs (don't know the
exact count; we kept receiving more throughout the event!), and even
collected donations totalling $23.10.

Volunteers helped out in a spectacular way!  I'm going to try my best to list
everyone who helped out.  I apologize if I forgot anyone!

Booth Crew
  Emily Stumpf
  Jan Wynholds
  Doug Barbieri
  Mike Simons
  Daphne Pareas
  Jonathan Stickel
  Bryan Richter
  Allan Hollander
  Matthew Lange    (who I met for all of 30sec ;^) )
  Me!

Disc Crew
  Tim Allis
  Mikal Saltveit
  David King       (David King, right? :^) )
  Jimbo
  CheapBytes       (thanks for hooking us up, Henry!)

(I'm SURE I'm forgetting people!)

Thanks to Offline Independent Energy Systems for powering our demo machine
(and for the WEFies for placing our booth next to their's)!

I took a couple of photos of our booth (and the WEF scene from our point of
view), and placed them online.  Enjoy!

  http://www.lugod.org/photos/2004.05.09/

I hope GTC goes as well! ;^)

-bill!