[vox] Re: Printer recommendation

Charles McLaughlin vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:40:58 -0800

I have a Samsung laser printer that works nicely with Linux.  It has a
USB connection and shipped with Linux drivers.  I've also recommended
Samsung printers to several friends.  Haven't had any problems yet.  You
can find them on sale for around $100 after rebates.  The only catch is
the toner cartridge that it comes with is small and when it runs out the
full-size replacement toner cartridge costs around $60-70.  Still
cheaper than ink-jet cartridges in the long run though.

Charles