[vox] (OT) Online Banking Using Mozilla

David Hummel vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:28:24 -0800

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 04:12:32PM -0800, Marc Elliot Hall wrote:
> Has anyone else experienced this kind of reluctance on the part of
> large corporations to support standards? If you have, have you taken
> or considered taking action quickly so that Linux users are not left
> without a wide selection of online banking resources?

I had a similar situation happen with Citibank's website.  I had access
but the formatting was all screwed due to IE-specific tags and
non-standard javascript (popup menus with dead links, stray table cells,
etc.).  After filling out lots of tech support forms and waiting on hold
for a long time, I finally spoke with an upper-level developer.  I was
able to convince him that all of the IE-specific stuff was a bad idea,
so he removed it within an hour.

-David