[vox] Printer recommendation

Hans W. Uhlig vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:30:02 -0800

On Tuesday 23 March 2004 1:20 pm, Bill Kendrick wrote:

Go Laserjet,
	If he wants retail rather then refurb, the 1012 is supposed to have good unix
support with cups/hp usb driver.  Printer is about 249.99 retail and 149.99
on sale(so far). Cartridges do about 1500 Pages per 69.99$ cartridge.
Good value... otherwise go for an old HP laserjet 4 or 4000. Both models kick
ass and while a bit larger, the 4000 will kick out about 8,000-10,000 pages
per 90$ cartridge. Ive been thru 2 so far in its 8 year cycle.