[vox] "Open Source" handouts

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:25:41 -0800

I've put the "Open Source for Windows" handout (the one I had at the
demo this past Saturday, which was definitely popular!) up on LUGOD's
website.

Along with it, I have also created a folded pamphlet (similar to the
"Tux Paint" one some of you have no doubt seen), which covers a few more
interesting Open Source titles (that happen to run on Windows and/or Mac OS X)
and also tries to briefly explain the concept of Open Source to the reader.

My plan is to copy a bunch of them for dispersal at the Davis Public Library.
(They have a place in the entry-way for flyers, handouts and free magazines.)

You can check out both of these (PDF format; exported from OpenOffice.org) at:

  http://www.lugod.org/documents/handouts/

Let me know what you think!

-bill "yes, I plugged Tux Paint" kendrick  ;^)