[vox] Knoppix 3.3 labels (glabels) prepared

Karsten M. Self vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:07:22 -0800

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

I've created a Knoppix label using glables for disks I've been stamping
out.

I've found glabels is a good lablemaking tool under GNU/Linux.

Stock is the Fellowes / Neato 2-up label, product code 853600.  This
may match other 2-up label stock as well, though I haven't tested.

Three files:

    Glabels source file
    http://linuxmafia.com/~karsten/Knoppix-3.3-generic.glabel

    Use this if you want to modify the label yourself

    Postscript output:
    http://linuxmafia.com/~karsten/Knoppix-3.3-generic.ps

    Postscript level 2 output (I found this was necessary to print on my
    HPLJ4).
    http://linuxmafia.com/~karsten/Knoppix-3.3-generic-ps2.ps

The label itself is something of a mini-intro to Knoppix.  Text:

    [top center]
    Knoppix 3.3
    Bootable Live GNU/Linux Desktop

    [right]
    Insert disk & boot from CD for a no-install GNU/GNU/Linux desktop
    Browse disk in legacy MS Windows for informational docs.
    Website:  http://www.knoppix.org/
    Knoppix by Klaus Knopper, Germany
    v3.3 2004-02-16-EN       NO WARRANTY
   =20
    [left]
    This disk installs nothing on your computer (unless you ask it
    nicely)  Use it to demo GNU/Linux with ease, to rescue system,
    impress your friends.

    2 GB of programs and data.  1100+ programs, office suites, graphics,
    audio, Internet software, and more!

    [bottom]
    Please copy this CD

    [Knoppix logo thumbnail]

    This is Free Software.You can use, copy, distribute, share, and
    moify it under the GNU GPL and other licenses.  See LICENSE.txt for
    more information.

For my own distributions, I've added "This disc courtesy <my name>
<email>" to the label.

Please use / adapt /modify / copy / distribute freely.

   =20
Peace.

--=20
    Bush/Cheney '04: The economy's stupid!