[vox] Re: [OT] Four MORE IE exploits

Richard Ibbotson richard at sheflug.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 12:15:42 PDT 2004

> I have a feeling the disc at STC will be popular, simply because it's
> got Firefox and Mozilla on it. ;^)
>
>   http://secunia.com/advisories/12048/
>
>     "Paul has reported some vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, allowing
>     malicious people to bypass security restrictions and potentially
>     compromise a vulnerable system. ..."

Hmmm... I switched to Firefox to take the Cisco router course that I'm
taking just now.  Logged into http://cisco.netacad.net only to find that
Flash didn't work.  Works fine at http://www.nasa.gova and any other
site on the internet.  Had to send a bug report to
<flashplayerunix at macromedia.com> to report the problem.  Works fine now.
Just scored 70% plus on most of the early sections after spending three
years working on Linux and BSD routing and firewalling.

Nice browser.  The UK internet is alive with people giving advice about
how to install Firefox and how to delete Indernet Exploder.  Similar
things happening in France and Germany.

Richard

www.sheflug.co.uk