[vox] installfest July 17?

ashleigh smythe absmythe at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jul 9 07:58:43 PDT 2004

Jonathan and any other potential installfest helpers:

	In figuring out the specs of my pc that I'd like to bring to the
installfest, I'm starting to worry about a couple of things.  First, I
seem to have a winmodem ("Sound4" is all I can determine as for the
name, can't figure out model) and second, it only has 1.96 GB of hard
drive space.  From your installfest requirements page it seems like the
the hard drive space is not a big issue but the winmodem is likely to be
problematic.  Given both of these issues would I be better off
scrounging around for a cheap, older but not as old as this (1997!), pc
to make as my home linux box?  I don't need it to be a server or
anything, I mostly just need web access and word processing
capabilities.  I have access to clusters on campus for more intensive
number crunching, but I would need internet access for sure.  Or should
I buy an external modem and keep the old pc?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Ashleigh