[vox] Re: DSLExtreme.com deal

Dave Margolis vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:11:45 -0800 (PST)

Wow, that is such a good price!  I don't get the ranges: how often would I
get 1.5mbps and how often would I get close to 6mbps?  If the range were
less huge, I wouldn't worry, but I'd hate to buy into the 6mbps and never
get half of that.  Is this one of the distance from the nearest sbc box
type things?

Also, does anybody have any Surewest experiences?  Those guys are digging
in my neighborhood right now and offer 10mbps (both ways! - wtf?) for $49.
A buddy at work has it already, but he only uses it for regular home
internet guy usage so besides saying he's had no noticable downtime over a
few months, that's not exactly the testimonial I'm hoping for.

I've asked the guys doing the work if they know when the service will be
available and they don't know exactly when...

Dave