[vox] A hypothetical question about the Web's dark underbelly

ME vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:05:07 -0800 (PST)

Three things I would examine:
1) Have user purge cache, restart web browser and/or reboot.
2) Find out if the user has their browser configured to check for new copy
or use cache for each load
3) Find out if the user or user's ISP use a caching Proxy service

My questions:
How is this message a hypothetical question?
Is this a dark underbelly of the web? In what way?